Using Auto Mechanics to Answer Questions and Keep Your Automobile in Excellent Condition - Joes Tires and Service
As a culture, we are deeply reliant on our vehicles. From the daily work commute, to soccer practice and school meetings, to a leisurely road trip, we need a reliable vehicle to make our daily lives flow smoothly. To keep your car, truck or SUV in working order, all it takes is a little knowledge, some maintenance, and a trusted mechanic.
Most great mechanics and shops will have knowledgeable technicians on hand to answer a variety of questions. In this technological day and age there are many of these shops with fantastic websites that offer tips, tricks, prices, specials, and you can even email questions, receive quotes, or schedule appointments. It’s really never been easier to compare prices and do a little research of your own before heading into your auto mechanic.
Everyone knows the basics of car maintenance, you need to get oil changes, you should watch your tire tread and pressure, and you keep an eye on the check engine light. But did you know that your car has seasonal requirements, and simple checks that you can do? Regular maintenance can end up extending the life of your vehicle, and can save you thousands of dollars in repairs. You can do these simple checks at home, have your mechanic check them, or you can reference your mechanics website for more car care pointers:
- Check Fluid levels: Oil, transmission, coolant and wiper fluids.
- Check Tire Tread and pressure: Do the Lincoln Penny test. Make sure you are using the correct tire for the season, and that you never drive on ‘bald’ tires. Properly inflated tires can also save you money on gas!
- Check your lights: It’s hard to know when a headlight goes out until it’s too late. To avoid tickets or accidents, periodically check your headlights, break lights, and blinkers. These are simple fixes your auto mechanic can do if lights are dim or burn out.
- Check belts and hoses for cracks or wear.
- Check battery cables and connections.
- Check for leaks.
- Check your wipers and replace them when they begin to wear. If your wipers fail in bad weather, an old wiper blade can quickly turn into a safety hazard.
Most technicians are happy to run this checklist for you and can typically fix small issues before they become big problems. Service centers are great places to ask maintenance questions whether you bring your vehicle in for new tires, an oil change, or a simple tune-up. Finding a service center with highly trained technicians that you can trust can help you feel confident that your vehicle is safe in any situation. Ask if your service center offers other amenities such as shuttle services, online quotes, fully stocked inventory, and special offers. Many service centers are locally owned and operated, too, so you can feel good about shopping within your community. Remember that quick fixes, seasonal maintenance, and regular service to your vehicle can keep you safe and save you money in the long run.
Schedule an Appointment with our Auto Mechanics Today!
|Using Auto Mechanics to Answer Questions and Keep Your Automobile in Excellent Condition - Joes Tires and Service was written by Clarke Jamison of Joes Tires and Service|