Summer is here, and it’s time to start thinking about your car’s AC system! Nobody likes driving around in a hot, stuffy car, and a car with an AC system which only works marginally is somehow almost even worse than one which doesn’t work at all. Let’s go through a few tips which can help you keep your ride a little more comfortable this summer…
Remember a cars AC system is really a heat exchanger which moves hot air out of your vehicle, then replaces it with cold air. One thing you can do to help improve its efficiency is to leave your windows down an inch or two (if possible) when you park the car, helping to prevent excess heat buildup. When you start the car and begin to drive off, lower all the windows for the first minute or two to help move hot air out of the car more quickly, giving the AC system a chan ...[more]
The temperatures are inching upward, the days are getting longer and the first buds are starting to appear on the trees. Spring is on its way, and soon it’s going to be time to do a little preventive maintenance on your ride. No need to dread it -- it’s all pretty routine stuff!
- Air filter - If you haven’t changed your air filter since last year (or can’t remember when you changed it at all), it might be time. It’s an easy and cheap fix, and it pays off in your vehicle’s performance and fuel economy.
- Cabin filter - Older vehicles often don’t have a cabin filter, but it can make a lot of difference in how pleasant your vehicle is to drive. Stale, smelly air? Change it!
- Wipers -- Get a good look at them. Are they showing sign ...[more]
- Lubricate engine to reduce wear and friction
- Reduce engine temperatures
- Maintaining proper engine function
What come to mind when you hear the word seatbelt? Safety. What comes to mind when you hear the words tire pressure? Despite the fact most car owners would not say safety, the tires of a vehicle are the most important safety feature it possesses. Tires are the only part of the vehicle that have direct contact with the road and therefor are the most important feature of your vehicle to keep well maintained.
What is tire pressure? Why is it important? The pressure in your tires affects nearly everything in your vehicle, from fuel economy to the handling of your vehicle. At Joe's Tires, staff understands the importance of tire safety and upkeep and encourages customers to be knowledgeable about their tires and know when they need servicing or replacement.
The easiest, most effective way to know when your tires need servicing ...[more]
|<< Previous||2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10||Next >>|